- No smoking is permitted onsite at the workshop.
- No food or drink outside of designated areas.
- Video and photography policy:
- Photography of your own work is entirely at your own discretion! Photography of the work of others, including your instructor and classmates is at the discretion of the instructor and classmates. Ask for permission.
- When posting photos of quilts or projects on your blog or on social media, please credit the maker.
- Do not use photos for commercial purposes.
- Please disable any services on photo sharing websites that would permit viewers to order goods with the image printed on it.
- Video for personal use has limited permissions.
- Do not use videos for commercial purposes.
- Permission from your instructor must be obtained before filming anything. We strongly recommend getting written permission in advance.
- Video of your instructor cannot be posted online without the express written permission of the instructor.
- This includes all video such as Periscope, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Use the #modernquiltmasters hashtag!
When in the classroom, please follow these guidelines:
- Please silence your cell phones.
- All quilts, handouts, and other class materials shared by the instructor are the copyright of the instructor.
- Please ask if you have questions regarding how you intend to use
- the materials outside of the workshop.
Terms & Conditions
Release: Attendees assume all risk of property damage, personal harm, illness or injury relating to or resulting from their participating in Modern Quilt Masters, and all workshops and activities. Attendees forever release and discharge Crafting a Life, LLC, the Modern Quilt Guild, Modern Quilt Masters, any affiliated organizations, and their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) from any and all actions, claims, or demands that they, their assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury, death, or property damage, related to (i) participation in these activities, (ii) the negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to these activities or not, and however caused, by any Releasee, or (iii) the condition of the premises where these activities occur, whether or not the attendee participated in the activities. Attendees also agree that they, their assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of any Releasee in connection with any of the matters covered by the foregoing release.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL CRAFTING A LIFE, LLC, THE MODERN QUILT GUILD, AND/OR MODERN QUILT MASTERS BE LIABLE TO REGISTRANT, ATTENDEE OR TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER CRAFTING A LIFE, LLC, THE MODERN QUILT GUILD, AND/OR MODERN QUILT MASTERS, WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. IN NO EVENT SHALL CRAFTING A LIFE, LLC, THE MODERN QUILT GUILD, AND/OR MODERN QUILT MASTERS LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS EVENT OR ANY WORKSHOP EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY ATTENDEE TO CRAFTING A LIFE, LCC, FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction. To the extent that any lawsuit is permitted under this Agreement, Registrant and Attendee expressly consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located covering Napa, California.
In the case of Acts of God, war, disaster or unforeseen circumstances, the Modern Quilt Guild, reserves the right to cancel Modern Quilt Masters and reschedule this event for at a later date.
The Modern Quilt Guild, reserves the right to cancel workshops due to any unforeseen circumstances. In this event, Registrant will be notified and given the opportunity to change to a different workshop or request a refund of the monies paid for the cancelled workshop. In the event that a teacher must cancel due to unforeseen circumstances or illness, the Modern Quilt Guild, retains the right to replace that teacher and/or change the workshop. The Modern Quilt Guild, reserves the right to limit, restrict or refuse attendance or participation in Modern Quilt Masters or any workshops to any person, business or representative thereof.
If a court or other body of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: BY REGISTERING FOR MODERN QUILT MASTERS, EVENT, THE REGISTRANT AND ANY ATTENDEE AFFIRMS THAT HE, SHE OR IT HAS READ, ACKNOWLEDGED AND AGREES TO ALL POLICIES AS LISTED ABOVE.